Have you heard of shaving soaps? I used to love homemade shaving creams, but since I tried this soap, it’s been my favourite. 😀 Freshly made shaving soap looks like a gel (as you can see in the photo below) and when it hardens, it’s quite soft and easy to use. You can also make a real shaving soap (in a bar), but let’s start with this one. You’ll only need a few ingredients, but you can customize it and add more.
If you would like to cut down on store bought products, you may want to try this recipe; you won’t buy any shaving product anymore. 🙂 Oils will nourish your skin and prepare it for shaving (that’s quite a stressful for skin, especially if you shave often) and soap base will help remove all signs of oiliness from oils. Perfect for everyone who hates any oily feeling. I also added honey (that can be substituted with aloe vera gel for a vegan alternative) that will improve texture and prevent any small infections due to shaving.
- coconut oil (60g)
- shea butter (13g)
- grated soap/liquid soap (30g)
- essential oils (optional)
- honey (optional, can substitute with aloe vera gel) (65g)
- baking soda (10g) (also optional, but this takes away oiliness of oil and butter)
- cornstarch (10g) (the same as baking soda)
Full recipe (in percentage) below. ⬇️
Shaving soap with honey & shea butter
- 34% Coconut oil (60 g)
- 7% Shea butter (13 g)
- 37% Honey (65 g)
- 5% Baking soda (8 g)
- 17% Grated soap/liquid soap (30 g)
- Vitamin E oil (2 capsules)
- Melt coconut oil and shea butter.
- Add honey (optional).
- Add the grated soap and essential oils.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min or more.
- Whisk with a hand mixer and add baking soda.
- Recipe yields 250 g.
Would you like to use shaving cream instead? Here is an awesome recipe for a nourishing shaving cream with coconut and olive oil: